Last Revised on May 19, 2018
Please note that this policy applies to BSS Ltd Business Accounting System (“System”) and Websites (“Sites”).
You may identify the BSS Ltd controller of your personal data stated at the end of this policy. The controller of your personal data determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits of BSS Ltd collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by the Sites?
- How will BSS Ltd collect and store this information?
- How long will BSS Ltd store this information?
- What are cookies?
- How are cookies on this site used and what information is collected?
- How do I disable and enable cookies?
- What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
- What about Internet and system security?
- Can BSS Ltd change this policy?
- How can I identify the BSS Ltd controller of my personal data?
What are the benefits of BSS Ltd collecting my information?
Through its B2B communications and websites, BSS Ltd collects personal information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To prepare and perform the following tasks with you, such as:
- to process product orders;
- for marketing information;
- to deliver and take-back products and to manage warranties;
- To meet our legal obligations, such as:
- for accounting and tax purposes;
- to conduct product call-back operations;
- For BSS Ltd’s legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to provide our services and to protect the integrity and security of our services;
- to improve the user experience of our websites by making them more accessible and user friendly and create content more relevant to you;
- to provide you with information and online advertising on our products, services, and special offers.
You may have a right to oppose certain uses of your personal information under applicable law; but in this case, you may not be able to fully benefit from our products and services.
- On the basis of your consent:
- to receive dedicated services, such as receiving information packs;
- to get in contact with BSS Ltd to participate in events and challenges;
- for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in connection with the marketing of BSS Ltd products and services and related products and services; and
- the use of certain cookies and similar technologies, as required by law.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know at the email address below, by opting out of advertising by e-mail, or by changing the privacy settings of your browser as set out below. If you withdraw consent, you may not be able to fully enjoy our products and services.
What information might be collected by the B2B communication or Sites?
At BSS Ltd, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we collect technical information, such as an IP address and your browser information in order to make a connection and display our website. For example, we might collect data regarding your journey through the website or record the options that you have chosen to select. This is a common standard procedure for any website on the Internet. The information collected does not directly identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes and improving the services we offer.
There are times, however, when we collect information directly from you, such as your name and address; for example, when you fill out a form to request information about BSS Ltd products, or to establish contact with a member of staff or specialist service. On those occasions, we may provide you additional information and choices about our intended use of your personal information, if required. We also collect your communication preferences, such as whether or not you wish to receive commercial e-mails.
We may receive additional information about you from public and commercially-available sources and other third parties. If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter through the Sites, to login to the Sites or to share information about your experience on the Sites with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
How will BSS Ltd collect and store this information?
BSS Ltd stores your personal information in a centralized repository together with other information we may have about you, if any. This allows us to avoid duplication, better manage our information resources and provide you with a better service. We use this information for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with your choices.
How long will BSS Ltd store this information?
We may retain your information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, whichever is longer. The duration for which BSS Ltd stores your personal information depends on the purpose for which the information is being used.
BSS Ltd stores your information in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information, except for information you voluntarily provide in public communities and forums on the Sites or third party platforms.
- To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you, please refer to the question below titled: “What are my rights with respect to my personal information?”
What are cookies?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has originated; the “lifetime” of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected?
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information;
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number) when you return to our website;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to identify and resolve user experience issues and improve website operations;
How do I disable and enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. For assistance with in respect to other personal information rights, please contact your Account Manager or Member of the Team at [email protected].
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in law.
If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or direct contact, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out in the communications you receive.
If you have additional questions about this policy and our practices or if you have complaints about BSS Ltd use of your personal information, please contact us at:
Data Protection Controller
Business Service & Supplies Ltd
16/17 Moor Street
What about Internet & System Security?
The Internet is not a secure place, and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose online. Personal Information collected by BSS Ltd is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. These are password word protected and only available by employees of BSS Ltd for the purposes of a B2B working environment.
Can BSS Ltd change this website policy?
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. BSS Ltd therefore reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time.
How can I identify the BSS Ltd controller of my data?
The identity of the BSS Ltd Controller is the controller of your personal data details below;
Data Protection Controller
Business Service & Supplies Ltd
16/17 Moor Street